Friday, February 11, 2011

The Great Super Bowl Break at North Texas

This past week the North Texas area experienced one strange occurrence which I term the Great Super Bowl Break.  Here is my take on the Great Super Bowl Break.
The Great Super Bowl Break began late Monday night when UNT officials gave out an Eagle Alert. For those who do not know, the Eagle Alert is a way the University gets in contact with the students at North Texas in cases of extreme weather or other emergencies  They usually email, text, or call to let you know that school is out.  Anyway, the Eagle Alert system called me late Monday night saying school was out on Tuesday.  To celebrate the start of the Great Super Bowl Break, I stayed up late and slept in late.  On Tuesday morning I awoke to heavy snow fall in the area and another joyous call from the Eagle Alert saying classes were out the next day.  The Eagle Alerts continued throughout the rest of the week.  The break from school gave me ample time to catch up on sleep, watch television, and hang out with friends. 
The Great Super Bowl break ended Sunday with the Super Bowl XLV game.  Sunday’s game was the cherry on top of the Great Super Bowl Break.  Two great teams played and the team I was going for won.  There were also some pretty good commercials throughout the night.  My favorite commercial of the night was a tie between the Beaver Karma and the Chrysler 200 imported from Detroit video with Eminem.
The Great Super Bowl Break at North Texas will go down as one of the most memorable times I had while in college because I have never been out of school at North Texas for almost an entire week.  Like any other break here comes the dreaded part where I have to go back to school.
 
Fight the Good Fight
Ya Boy Archie Wright!