Monday, March 7, 2011

Life Outside of College

On Sunday I got back from a weekend retreat that I left for on Thursday night.  I found that the hardest part of being away from school was trying not to worry about schoolwork.  The next hardest part was not worrying about the time because they took away my watch, cell phone, and blocked any form of outside communication. Overall the whole weekend was spiritually uplifting and life changing for me.  It made me realize things about myself that I never did realize before.  Being twenty-one years old it is sometimes natural to think that I know everything.  This retreat has shown me that I too still have a lot of learning to do.  It also encouraged me to change some of the habits that I have right now.

After being in college for four years I can truly say education does not only come from inside the classroom, but from the outside as well.  College is not only a time to be educated about your field of study, but to also be educated about one’s self.  This can range from your type of political views, social beliefs, religious beliefs, and much more.  During the retreat I happened to meet one such person who was in college and converting to my religion.
           Overall these past four years of college have left a strong impression on me.  It has also helped me to develop into the man I am and shown me the man I want to be.  I hope it will have the same effect on you…
Fight the Good Fight
Ya Boy Archie Wright!