Saturday, March 26, 2011

Looking Back at Spring Break

            Last week was spring break for the students, faculty, and staff at UNT. During this time everyone finally received the much needed break that was needed to go to the beach, go back home, work on projects, etc.  Spring break is pretty much the halfway point of the semester in college.  It’s hard to believe that school is almost halfway over but it is.  The semester has gone by pretty fast even though so much has happened.  Late January and early February marked bad winter storms that left us out of school for almost a week.  Throughout February school was finally getting down to business and professors were finally getting back on track.  The week before spring break was a time when professor gave out midterms.  It seems that all professors make a pact to place the homework, quizzes, and test on the same week before spring break.  I myself had one test on Monday, 3 different homework assignments, a quiz, and a test that took me almost 3 ½ hours to complete all due on Wednesday.  As you can picture sleep was limited as well as hanging out with friends.

            After that was all over I was able to finally relax for a change.  For spring break I went back home, rested up, went to Louisiana to visit my grandpa, and bring my grandma back to Houston.  During my time at home I was also able to practice the piano for a little bit, watch television, and play video games with brothers.
 
            To everyone out there, I hope you had a safe and fun-filled Spring Break and are ready get finish the semester out strong.
 
Fight the Good Fight
Ya Boy Archie Wright!