Monday, November 22, 2010

One Missed Game

Ok so here's the deal last Tuesday the Mean Green basketball team took on Texas Tech University.  I remembered about the event when I got back to my apartment that night but declined to go since I was kind of tired after being at school the whole day in class and in lab.  That was the biggest mistake I probably could have ever made.  This is probably one of those games that will always be talked about forever in UNT history.  The Mean Green took the game into overtime where they beat Texas Tech 92-83.  After the Mean Green won, the fans rushed the court to congratulate the players on a job well done.  Even though it has been a few days since the game was played, people are still talking about how good the game was.  All I can do is sigh and regret how I did not go to the game.

The expectations are high for the Mean Green basketball team which won the Sunbelt Conference Championship last year and made it to the NCAA Tournament where they were knocked out by Kansas in the first round.  The Mean Green is expected to win the Sunbelt Conference Championship again this year and possibly go further in the NCAA tournament.  Having our basketball team go far in the tournament would be great publicity for our school.

After hearing about the exciting win UNT had last Tuesday against Texas Tech, I will do my best to try and make the next basketball game at the Super Pit.  Hopefully the game will have the same dramatic finish as it did in the Texas Tech game.


Fight the Good Fight
Ya Boy Archie Wright!