Friday, November 5, 2010

WARNING: DUE DATES AND TEST ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR

 
 
I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween weekend.
 
Alright so here’s the deal, the semester is starting to draw to a close.  The second wave of tests and class projects are coming up within the next few weeks.  As tests and projects are nearing, several college students and I will wave off studying for tests or starting a project until the night before the test or the night the project is due. 
 
When it comes to tests and projects the worst thing someone could say is, “I will get started on it tomorrow, I promise”.  The reason this expression is terrible is because it always starts a daily cycle in which you tell yourself that you will start tomorrow, but you never come through and eventually you finally start studying for the test or working on the project the night before.  I have seen a countless number of friends stressed or on the verge of falling asleep after pulling an all nighter to finish a project or study for a test. 
 
I know that I am guilty of waiting till the last minute to finish a project or study for a test.  I have however seen the light and the benefit of not waiting till the last minute to study for tests and do projects.
 
The main pro about studying for a test and working on a project prior to the day before is that it’s less stressful and you receive a much better grade in the end. 
 
So make a promise to yourself to no longer wait until the last minute to study for a test or complete a project.
 
So in regards to my test next Wednesday and my project due in two weeks, I will start working on them TODAY, I promise!
 
 
Fight the Good Fight
Ya Boy Archie Wright!